Windsor Ice & Coal -- probably taken at same time as A84 in April/May 1923. Series 20 or 40, up to 2 ton. The two houses in the rear are the McGregor brothers homes. They were the only two houses on this large block with a very nice coach house directly behind them. The house pictured directly behind the right ice truck was demolished in 1935 and the house directly behind the left ice truck box was torn down around 1978. The coach house which is on the street behind still remains and has been restored as a residential home. There are now six or seven houses on this block. As for Windsor Ice & Coal, it remained as a hard working company for several years. The building still stands about a dozen or more blocks away to the west of where this picture was taken.
Back to Gallery main page
Copyright © 1998 David Gotfredson